Re: ML-Policy and tesseract-ocr

    >> (result of running the training program with specific input data,
    >> if I understand correctly?)

    Mo> Yes, correct.

    >> The source package would need to Build-Depend on the training
    >> program and its inputs, but in general there would not need to be
    >> a normal Depends.

    Mo> I see. The idea is that an ELF binary (ML model) doesn't have to
    Mo> Depend on it's compiler (training program) and source (input
    Mo> data).  This makes sense to me and the "Suggest:" restriction
    Mo> may be better.

    Mo> The "Suggest:" relationship implicitly hints the user about the
    Mo> following questions: 1. what is the binary blob
    Mo> /usr/.../foobar.ml-model installed by the package foobar?
    Mo> 2. where did these digits come from?  3. how can I well
    Mo> understand how this model is created by the original author?
    Mo> 4. how do I obtain a similar model with my own dataset?  etc.

As a user, if I want to understand how some binary thing gets created,
I'll
apt source <package_containing_binary_thing>

rather than looking at suggests.

In cases where the model is created in the build process, I think
build-depends is better than suggests.

In cases where the model is not recreated, but where software in Debian
could create the model, I think a README file is better than a package
relationship.

--Sam