Re: Dropping Release and Release.gpg support from APT

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 10:10:41AM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On 2019-07-10 10:04, Julian Andres Klode wrote:

> [...]
> > We do need them to ship InRelease files. I just filed an issue for OBS
> > to do that. Given how long we had InRelease file, and how confusing it
> > is to not provide InRelease files (not to mention that it doubles the
> > traffic for no-change cases), I'm surprised they aren't using InRelease
> > files yet.
>
> Given the timeline, shouldn't we also get oldstable to ship an InRelease
> file?

What's the use case for having oldstable in your sources.list on
unstable/testing machines?

But yes, I think it would make sense to ship an InRelease file
with 9.10 now that we are capable of having those.

ubuntu core developer                              i speak de, en