Re: Dropping Release and Release.gpg support from APT

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 2:53 AM Julian Andres Klode wrote:

> Timeline suggestion
> -------------------
> now         add a warning to apt 1.9.x for repositories w/o InRelease, but Release{,.gpg}
> Aug/Sep     turn the warning into an error, overridable with an option (?)
> Q1 2020     remove the code

I think this timeline is missing a few items:

File bugs/patches on dak, launchpad, reprepro and other repository
creation tools to drop producing Release{,.gpg} (including all the
ones used by derivatives and by prominent external apt repositories
and apt repository services).

Wait for all of those to be fixed.

Add the warnings.

Wait one Debian release cycle.