Re: Content Rating System in Debian

On Tue, 25 Jun 2019 at 16:33:53 +0700, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
> There are no age classifications, however. So based on content_rating tag on
> AppStream metadata, we can add logic to apt in order to determine age rating
> for our packages.

I think this would be unwise. We can never get this right, because the
descriptors that are considered suitable for a particular age vary widely
between cultures and countries. The most likely outcome would be angry bug
reports from parents who felt that the given age rating was inappropriate.

Something like OARS is already somewhat subjective (how much violence can
a game have and still be considered "moderate"?) but it's a lot closer to
being objective than an age rating.

    smcv