Re: Re: Re: Content Rating System in Debian

Am Di., 25. Juni 2019 um 11:51 Uhr schrieb Bagas Sanjaya <bagasdotme@gmail.com>:

> Simon McVittie:
>
> Appstream metadata, which is canonically provided by upstreams and is
> distro- and package-type-agnostic (available in at least apt and Flatpak),
> has this as an optional field for self-rating:
>
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/appstream/docs/chap-Metadata.html#tag-content_rating
> https://hughsie.github.io/oars/
>
> I suspect that's the only way this could possibly work without money
> changing hands.
>
> There are no age classifications, however.
>
> So based on content_rating tag on AppStream metadata, we can add logic to apt in order to determine age rating for our
> packages. However, external review (maintainers) may be need in order to prevent misleading information on
> content_rating.

To clarify: Age ratings vary wildly between countries. So what we
expect is that software centers will not actually display
content_rating information, but instead compile an age rating out of
it based on the user's current location/locale and then display that.
Having a "one-size fits all" generic rating isn't very practical.

Cheers,
    Matthias