Re: Survey: git packaging practices / repository format

Theodore Ts'o writes ("Re: Survey: git packaging practices / repository format"):
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 05:59:52PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > How do you update to a new upstream version while preserving your
> > delta queue ?  Just git merge with an upstream seems like it might
> > work sometimes but at some point the patches will need to be
> > refreshed...
>
> Well, I'm cheating a bit, since I *am* upstream for the package in
> question.  In that case, or in the case of people who can follow an
> "upstream first" policy, when you sync up with upstream, by definition
> you can just completely empty debian/patches.

Right.  OK, thanks.

(FYI, you may wish to consider using `dgit quilt-fixup' to generate
the d/patches.  It will commit them to git.  IDK if that is what you
want, and it may not work every time depending what you do to your
history and your tree, but it may save you a bit of typing.)

Ian.