Re: Survey: git packaging practices / repository format

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 04:51:10PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

>  Modified           Direct changes             git merge
>   upstream files,    to upstream files          (.dsc: 1.0-with-diff or
>  plus debian/*.                                 single-debian-patch)
>  Maybe d/patches, depending.
>  History has direct merges from upstream.

There's a variant of this which is to grab updates from upstream using
"git cherry-pick -x COMMIT_ID ; git format-patch -o debian/patches -1 COMMIT_ID".

At the moment I'm updating debian/patches/series by hand, but I really
should automate all of the above.

						- Ted