Re: Programs contain ads - acceptable for packaging for Debian?

On 2019/06/20 10:49, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> Otherwise, I would leave it to the package maintainer,
> whether they like to disable the ad or not,
> but that's more a question for debian-legal@lists.debian.org.

It seems clear-cut enough that it doesn't really need advice from
debian-legal. If it's free software then a maintainer is free to patch
out any behaviour of the app that's intrusive or otherwise undesirable.
If the license of the software doesn't allow that, then it's highly
likely that the software doesn't belong in main.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage