Re: speeding up installs

On 2019/06/08 19:36, Simon McVittie wrote:
> If the pre-prepared installation image is in a suitable format (for
> example an unpacked tree, squashfs or OSTree, but not a tarball or an
> OCI image), then there's no reason it couldn't also be bootable as a
> stateless live system.

It might be useful to some that we'll have a 'standard' image for Debian
Live Buster. This is a base image with Debian standard that doesn't
contain any desktop environment. It ships with d-i with a module that
just unsquashes the squashfs image (just like the other live images), so
it's a really quick and convenient way to get a Debian system installed
on bare metal.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage