Re: Bits from the DPL (May 2019)

>>>>> "Alexander" == Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org> writes:

    Alexander> On Wed, 05 Jun 2019, Adrian Bunk wrote:

I understand that is how it is today.
Disabling an account is something we clearly want to be able to do.

However, it's a lot easier to get a foo-guest account on salsa than it
is to get a foo guest account in Debian LDAP.

There are transitions like someone retiring from the project where we
actually would be delighted if they continued to use salsa in some
capacity.
Making the transition from foo to foo-guest is currently incredibly
expensive for the person involved.

It's reasonable for us to discuss as a community whether this is
something we want to change as part of recommending salsa more strongly.
This is one of the issues we will discuss later this month.  I hope the
salsa admins will join that discussion.  I think it would be better to
focus on what you want the state to be in the future and the
cost/requirements for any changes than to focus on where things stand
today.

--Sam