Re: Bits from the DPL (May 2019)

    Norbert> Hi, (please Cc, not reading d-d)

    Norbert> On Sun, 02 Jun 2019, Sam Hartman wrote:

    Norbert> And would you be so helpful in providing a link to that
    Norbert> understanding of consensus? Only posting a link to the
    Norbert> start of a long thread is not really helpful.

This was an intentional choice on my part.
The summary of consensus is a tool for those who participated in the
discussion while the comment period is open.
I'll definitely post a link when we're done.

Several key factors contribute to a consensus forming discussion:

* All the participants are informed or are working to be informed

* the people are working together to try and find common ground and
address issues

It's really impossible to have that without actually participating in
the discussion and reading some significant chunk of it.

That said,
https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/tsl5zpyigx4.fsf@suchdamage.org

    >> Git on Salsa ============
    >>
    >> The next discussion I will drive is a discussion of whether we
    >> want to strongly recommend Debian packaging be done using Git on
    >> salsa.debian.org.

    Norbert> Well, recent event have shown that *I* will not return to
    Norbert> salsa. It did cost me an incredible amount of time to
    Norbert> re-create all archives on github so that I can continue
    Norbert> developing again.

I'll take this as input that we should have better transition strategies
for salsa when a project owner's status changes.

I appreciate that is unlikely to be sufficient to change your personal
opinion, but  it is something the community should discuss.

--Sam