Re: Exclude some architectures from an architecture-independent package ?

Le 30/05/2019 à 21:33, Michael Jeanson a écrit :
> If you can detect ACPI enabled kernels with a kernel config option, you
> can have DKMS only build the modules when it's enabled. This way you
> don't have to handle manual arch lists in DKMS or in the package. The
> install on non-acpi will be no-op and if ACPI support is available in an
> arch you didn't think about, it will just work. Seems cleaner to me.

Hi,

Thanks for this suggestion. It's the one I favor most over the others,
as if a new arch with ACPI support appears, it won't be necessary to add
it to debian/control. It's future-proof :)

For those interested, I added a simple test at the end of the DKMS
config file:

# Don't build module when ACPI is disabled
if ! grep -q "^CONFIG_ACPI=[ym]$" "$kernel_source_dir/.config" 2>/dev/null ; then
  echo "ACPI disabled in this kernel, not building module." >&2
  BUILD_EXCLUSIVE_ARCH="^do_not_build$"
fi

This does the trick.

Thanks to all of you for your help !