Re: Exclude some architectures from an architecture-independent package ?

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 8:46 PM Raphaël Halimi wrote:

> What would be the "cleanest" solution according to you ?

The cleanest solution would be to get this code into Linux mainline.

Some discussion of workarounds:

dak needs a way to restrict the availability of arch:all packages to
certain architecture's Packages files. This would also be useful for
interpreted code that only has support for certain kernel interfaces
that aren't available on non-Linux kernels.

For example for iotop I went with an arch:linux-any package instead of
arch:all, the package is fairly small so the duplication isn't a big
issue.

Personally I think you should hardcode the ACPI architectures and
accept the minor duplication.

--
bye,
pabs