Re: Exclude some architectures from an architecture-independent package ?

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 01:14:10PM +0200, Raphaël Halimi wrote:
> Well, that's what I thought to do at the beginning, but the docs say
> that binary package duplication is a bad thing, and I didn't know if
> four copies of a 13 KB package (so a waste of 49 KB per mirror, which
> would seem negligible unless you're a purist) was an "acceptable"
> exception, hence my asking here for advice.

This part is utterly negligible.  What would matter is bloating the Packages
file, but here they're the same, save for multi-arch machines (you get that
:i386 crap when listing rdepends/etc on amd64).

One other downside is having a "MA" warning on your QA screen -- unlike
lintian, I don't know of a way to silence that.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ Latin:   meow 4 characters, 4 columns,  4 bytes
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Greek:   μεου 4 characters, 4 columns,  8 bytes