Re: .deb format: let's use 0.939, zstd, drop bzip2

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 05:42:45PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
On Fri, 10 May 2019 07:42:52 -0400, Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org>
wrote:
This is really not a property worth preserving.

I disagree. I frequently unpack .debs on .rpm Systems, especially when
I want to see how the rather nice behavior that I find in Debian is
implemented to see whether I can implant that hotness into the .rpm
world.

And there are easily installed tools which I have every confidence will be updated to work with any new format so your ability to do so won't be diminished in the least. Just like I can unpack rpms on a deb system.