Re: Configure your PC to contribute to Debian community

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 9:27 PM Vipul wrote:

> I've been using Debian from couples of years but haven't contributed yet back to community.

There are a number of different ways to contribute to Debian:

https://www.debian.org/intro/help

> I want to contribute to Debian by maintaining packages and fixing bugs.

The best way to contribute is to work on packages that you use and the
best way to find opportunities for that is to install and run the
how-can-i-help package:

https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help

> Is there a way to get isolation for work & contribution purpose to keep yourself organized?

If you do not have a spare computer, the best option would be a
virtual machine, since you can then test newer versions of the whole
system. Some options for this include gnome-boxes or virt-manager.

> I want to hear from contributors & maintainers Which method they are using or prefer to get isolation?

Personally I'm using Debian testing and do package building in
pbuilder chroots of unstable.

--
bye,
pabs