Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

On Sat, 2019-04-13 at 11:51 +0200, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
> Am 13.04.19 um 11:15 schrieb Svante Signell:
>
> > Please give up on Debian. They clearly have no interest in anything
> > non-linux or non-systemd, that is fully clear. Let's make a joint
> > effort to make a Guix release of Hurd (and kFreeBSD) happen. Or, if
> > you
> > still want to continue using apt-style distributions, join Devuan.
> > Please, don't support the non-universal OS movement driven by
> > Debian people!
>

> Both architectures haven't seen any major development in the past
> years

Yes they have, see for example Samuels answer on the latest Hurd
release: 20190109!

> So I disagree on "One person is enough" as long this one person can
> not keep track on all the required main and corner cases so other
> maintainers get to do the workload here alone.

Have you seen this? Look at the age of these bugs. Note also that
several bugs have patches attached to them. Debian maintainers just
don't want to help with non-linux bugs. So your complaint is not valid
at all.

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-hurd@lists.debian.org;tag=hurd