Re: Removal of Wheezy and Jessie (except LTS) from mirrors

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:

> > > Were the wheezy/updates and wheezy-updates merged into just wheezy
> > > as last step before archiving, so that those two lines can just be
> > > dropped?
> >
> > Yes, it is common that the last point release, just at end of life time,
> > takes in what was in those suites at that time.

“at that time”, okay, but there might have been later uploads, and…

> Except that now, LTS keeps uploading to -security and there won't be a
> subsequent point release pulling all of -security into the main suite,
> so -security needs to be archived there as well.
> (I don't remember if this was the state also with wheezy, it was with
> jessie at least).

this is so:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts-announce/2018/05/msg00022.html

“For Debian 7 "Wheezy", these problems have been fixed in version
4.0.2-6+deb7u21.”

# apt-cache policy libtiff-tools
libtiff-tools:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 4.0.2-6+deb7u5
  Version table:
     4.0.2-6+deb7u5 0
        500 http://archive.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages

It would be great if the last state of LTS, ideally with a signature
that does not expire for a couple of years¹, were available from
archive.d.o as well.

bye,
//mirabilos

PS: please keep me in Cc

① Some day I’m going to implement (and retrofit) Release.gpg signature
  pinning, so that we can circumvent timestamp checks if the actual
  signature file content is identical to the one present on the local
  filesystem, so we can use SecureAPT also with historic releases.
--
tarent solutions GmbH
Rochusstraße 2-4, D-53123 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/

**!!! NEU !!!** Mit der **tarent Academy** bieten wir ab sofort auch Trainings
und Schulungen in den Bereichen Softwareentwicklung, Agiles Arbeiten und
Zukunftstechnologien an. Besuchen Sie uns
auf [www.tarent.de/academy](http://www.tarent.de/academy). Wir freuen uns auf
Ihren Kontakt.