Re: Tainted builds (was Re: usrmerge -- plan B?)

Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> writes:

> So I think I'll go ahead with the current name for now, it's going to be
> an optional field anyway, so if there's a better name proposed that
> conveys a satisfactory meaning, I'll be happy to consider it and do a
> rename, and handle any users of the current name.

Why not some variation of "build environment properties"?

I feel like the general feature here is to capture possibly relevant
information about the build environment, and that's the most general form.
For instance, I could imagine it being interesting in the future to
capture whether the build was done via sbuild, pbuilder, or cowbuilder,
none of which would arguably qualify as "tainted" but which may have
different behavior and may therefore be useful in tracking down a bug.