Reusing source package name of long-removed, unrelated package

Hello,

I filed an ITP (#920912) regarding a package I'm preparing. The upstream
name for this package is "phat", which doesn't appear in the archives
from jessie to the present day. After filing the ITP and uploading my
package to mentors, I realized that there was an unrelated "phat" with a
different upstream present in the archives from 2005 to 2014 [1]. It was
removed from the archives because it was abandoned by upstream
(#751276).

I understand that 3.3.2 of the policy mandates that I at least bump the
epoch, but I wanted to ask the list to make sure: is reusing the source
package name of an unrelated, long-removed package like this OK, or
should I consider using a different name?

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/phat

 Best regards,
 Gard