Re: Handling of entropy during boot

On 12/18/18 8:11 PM, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> If you are firmly convinced that there is a good
> chance that the NSA has suborned Intel in putting a backdoor into
> RDRAND, you won't want to use that boot option.

I have read numerous times that some people trust this or that part of
the instruction set, and I always found it silly. Why should some
instruction or part of the Intel CPU be more trusted? To me, either you
trust the entire CPU, or you just don't trust it at all and consider
using other CPU brands. Am I wrong with this reasoning?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)