Re: deduplicating jquery/

Dear Java Team,

Do you have any suggestions for working with the following?: (please
reply to -devel)

On Sun, Jan 06, 2019 at 10:34:50PM +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 05, 2019 at 09:20:34PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Sean Whitton, le sam. 05 janv. 2019 19:48:35 +0000, a ecrit:
> > > Forgive my ignorance of the specifics of this package, but why can't you
> > > add symlinks to the files shipped by libjs-jquery?  That is the standard
> > > solution.
> >
> > openjdk's javadoc not only includes libjs-query, but also jszip,
> > jszip-utils, some images, etc. It'd be better to have a central provider
> > for whatever javadoc needs to have its search functionality working,
> > rather than each package maintainers doing it.
>
> Similar with doxygen...
>
> And then there's "jquery but not really jquery" appearing the wild or
> stuff which will not work with newer/older jquerys, ttbomk.
>
> Short: the JS mess.

In the case of jquery, does a tool exist that can check for obsolete
methods?  For example, calibre ships with an embedded copy of jquery
1.4.2, this should be unbundled, but 3.2.1 in buster obviously has
breaking changes between major versions.  Would a clever pattern
search be enough to screen for this?  I feel like this might be a tool
that already exists ;-)

Cheers!
Nicholas