Re: Let's start salvaging packages!

On Mon, 2018-07-30 at 03:25 +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:
> Dear Tobi,
>
> > There will be a BoF at DebConf18 Thursday, August 2nd 11:00 in Room
> > Xueshan [a]
> > for dicussion and fine tuning. (We will likely have video
> > coverage.)
> >
> > I'm sending out our proposal draft already now so you will be able
> > come well-prepared to the to the BoF, as we want to have as much
> > time
> > as possible for the discussion.
>
> Just as a point of order I would like to be 100% sure that enough
> notes
> are taken at the BoF and reposted here so that anyone "only" on
> debian-
> devel will be able to participate in any discussion.
>
> DebConf is obviously a place where a lot of things can get done but
> naturally it cannot be the only venue for Project-wide consensus
> building. :)
>
> Now, I'm sure this would happen anyway, but just to reassure.

Rest assured, we'll take plenty of notes on gobby, have video
recordings to revisit* everything then transfer the consensus finding
to -devel.

But just to avoid ambiguity: Use any channel avaible to you to
participate to the discussion! Whether in person, at the BoF, using
gobby, IRC, debian-devel, private email, etc… The important thing is
that the discussion takes place. This is absolutley not limited to
DebConf participants.

* very useful for a non-native English speaker like me ;-)

--
tobi