Re: Should the weboob package stay in Debian?

Wouter Verhelst writes ("Re: Should the weboob package stay in Debian?"):
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 10:34:28AM +0200, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> > The current policy[1] leaves it up to the maintainers to make this
> > judgement and I don't think a discussion on -devel@ will reach a
> > consensus that would take away the responsibility here.
>
> That's a good point. However, while the final decision is for the
> maintainers to make, there's no reason why we can't discuss it to bring
> up arguments one way or the other. This can only help the maintainer to
> make the right decision (provided we discuss the actual subject).

I don't think the maintainer's decision about this is "final", no more
than it is about any other interpretation of policy or project
standards or rc-bugginess or licences or anything else.

The policy says that the maintainer should make a decision about this;
but it often says the maintainer should decide this or that and that
does not preclude review by (eg) the release team, ftpmaster, the TC,
or, ultimately, GR.

But the starting point is certainly the maintainer.  And it is good
for maintainer to solicit input, as they have done in this case.

Ian.