Re: Research survey: Impact of Microsoft Acquisition of GitHub

Hi Chris,

[Cc list trimmed]

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 05:05:48PM +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:
> Hi Wouter et al.,
>
> > This questionnaire contains an error:
>
> Whilst I certainly appreciate your usual attention to detail and
> preciseness note that these questionnaires — whilst they appear to be
> quite free-software oriented or specific to us — are typically sent to
> 100s of different lists and communities at once.

Yes, that's true; it can't be any other way, otherwise there would be a
sampling bias.

> They, frankly, should probably be just ignored or be (loosely)
> categorised as spam. I get at least three or four a week these days..

You're free to ignore them, and I often do that too. But occasionally I
do have the time, and then I have a look at cooperating with such
things.

Science matters.

I don't think categorizing these things as spam is the right thing to do
-- although ignoring them most of the time is.

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab