Re: Research survey: Impact of Microsoft Acquisition of GitHub

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 02:13:13PM +0900, Asavaseri Natnaree wrote:
> Dear Debian developers,
>
> I am Natnaree Asavaseri and currently undertaking a research internship at Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan. Note that we are not biased to either GitHub or Microsoft, and this is purely from an empirical research perspective.
>
> As a part of my research in the field of Software Engineering (SE), my professors and I are analyzing the impact of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub. The main purpose of my survey is understanding how developers perceive the Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub, especially from contributors to Linux distributions and BSD families. If the survey is successful, we will publish our findings at SE academic venues (journals or conference).
>
> So please consider voicing your opinion by allowing us up to 5 minutes to complete my short survey.
>
> https://goo.gl/forms/lbIL5qsinDRQyTaK2 ;

This questionnaire contains an error:

---
Which statement best describes your current situation with any of your
contributed projects? *

* The projects that I contribute to the most is currently using GitHub
  (currently using GitHub)
* One of the projects that have made contributions has already left GitHub
  (used before but not now)
* All projects that I contribute to have never used GitHub (none of the above)
---

None of these options apply to me:

- Debian does not use GitHub and has never done so (so the first option
  is not correct)
- None of the projects that I contribute to have left github (so that is
  also not correct)
- I do contribute to some projects that use github and continue to do so
  (so the last option is also not correct).

Since it's marked as "none of the above" I suspect you really meant
something else for that last option. Since it's also marked as a
required option, I can't skip it, so I've chosen the last one -- but I
suspect your answers on that question may be for some people.

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab