Re: get-orig-source and standardized source repacking

Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> writes:

> The only times repacking the orig tarball is required are:
>
> […]
> - it isn't available in a format supported by dpkg (with the extreme case
>   of this being that there is no orig tarball at all, only a VCS repository)

A case more extreme: the work is not distributed upstream as tarball nor
as VCS. It is available upstream only as disparate files, not from any
single URL.

(For a simple example of that, see the ‘lojban-common’ package.)

--
 \        “I don't accept the currently fashionable assertion that any |
  `\       view is automatically as worthy of respect as any equal and |