Re: MBF proposal: python modules that fail to import

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 01:44:48PM +0200, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> [Helmut Grohne, 2018-04-15]
> > Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org>
> >    python-changelog (U)
> >    python-sphinx-paramlinks (U)
> >    python3-changelog (U)
> >    python3-sphinx-paramlinks (U)
>
> These packages provide sphinx plugins and have Enhances: python{,3}-sphinx
> Missing module is available after installing python{,3}-sphinx

I understand that sphinx plugins are meant to extend sphinx. What I
don't understand is why they shouldn't simply depend on sphinx.

Please elaborate how you can use sphinx plugins without installing
sphinx.

To me it looks like this simply is a missing dependency and adding it
the right course of action. Thus the bug reports against these packages
seem warranted to me.

Helmut