Re: MBF proposal: python modules that fail to import

Hi Helmut,

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 09:27:30PM +0200, Helmut Grohne wrote:
> > For more information: https://wiki.debian.org/Python/LibraryStyleGuide
>
> Note that autopkgtest-pkg-python is only applicable when the module name
> matches the package name. That's true for the majority of packages, but
> not for all (e.g. capitalization). Nevertheless, a lot of packages are
> missing the flag. Since I have the data at hand, I figured it would be
> easy to generate a dd-list of packages named after their module that
> lack the tag. You find that list attached.

Thanks for assembling this list.

> Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
>    python-csb (U)

I'd consider this a false positive since the package has a dedicated
test suite.  When adding "Testsuite: autopkgtest-pkg-python" you get
a lintian warning:

W: python-csb source: unnecessary-testsuite-autopkgtest-field
N:
N:    You do not need to specify a Testsuite: autopkgtest field if a
N:    debian/tests/control file exists. It is automatically added by
N:    dpkg-source(1) since dpkg 1.17.1.
N:
N:    Please remove this line from your debian/control file.
N:
N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: certain
N:
N:    Check: testsuite, Type: source
N:

So before doing a MBF "Missing Testsuite: autopkgtest-pkg-python"
this should be checked as well.

Kind regards

       Andreas (just updated five other packages accordingly)

--
http://fam-tille.de