Re: Lucas Kanashiro and Athos Ribeiro salvaged my package

在 2018年4月16日星期一 CST 下午3:43:10,Andreas Tille 写道:
> I remember that this discussion comes up quite regularly (no statistic
> but to my feeling once a year).  I'd love if we could give fix rules to
> the process of salvaging a package (or am I missing that this was just
> done).  I think the preconditions should contain something like:
>
>   (
>    * RC buggy (mandatory feature for salvaging a package)
>       or
>    * No uploads for > 365 days *and* lagging behind upstream
>   )
>       and
>    * Public attempt to contact the former maintainer (be it as
>      response to the RC bug or for instance CCed to debian-devel
>      list)
>
> It should be also mandatory that the salvaged package gets Vcs-fields
> pointing to salsa.debian.org to enable any interested person to
> contribute.  The former Maintainer may not be removed from d/control.
> If the salvage is done by a team that should be used as maintainer and
> the old maintainer moved to Uploaders.  The changelog owner of the
> salvage upload should be added to Uploaders in any case to take over
> responsibility for the work.
>
> Opinions?

I would suggest we exclude NMUs from "No uploads for > 365 days" requirement.

The person who want to salvage the package probably should also wait for two
weeks after initial public contact, then send another public email, wait for
another two weeks, send another public notification email before doing actual
salvaging efforts (moving packaging repo, uploading packages, etc). Idea
copied from QA/MIA process (https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/MIATeam).

--
Regards,
Boyuan Yang