Re: Standards 4.1.3 and apt-cacher

On Thu, 08 Feb 2018 17:56:28 +0000, Mark Hindley wrote:

> However, in trying to understand more fully when postinst is called with
> configure and reconfigure arguments, it appears that reconfigure is not
> currently supported at all. It is not mentioned in the Policy and
> ancient bug #215549 was closed as wontfix. So although reconfigure is in
> the postinst skeleton the distinction is not observed. The only possible
> way to distinguish is using the hack that DEBCONF_RECONFIGURE=1 is set
> in the postinst environment. See debconf-devel(7).
>
> Or am I missing something?

I don't actually know much about debconf, sorry. I just followed what
debhelper is doing, but it appears you need to add that check with
DEBCONF_RECONFIGURE, otherwise a dpkg-reconfigure will always be a NOP
(because defaults and defaults-disabled become NOPs when the service is
already enabled or disabled).

Saludos