Re: Removing packages perhaps too aggressively?

On February 1, 2018 12:53:40 PM UTC, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>Scott Kitterman writes ("Re: Removing packages perhaps too
>aggressively?"):
>> As the FTP team member that processed that removal, I can tell you I
>think
>> it's perfectly fine.  I don't think the FTP team should be in the
>business of
>> second guessing maintainers that say their packages should be
>removed.
>
>I agree with your 2nd point but if we introduce an ITR process, then
>it would make sense for ftp team members to check that the process
>looked like it had been followed.

I don't think such a process should be mandatory.  Only a very small percentage of rm requests are even potentially problematic.

Let's not create more bureaucratic overhead that will create more work for everyone to 'solve' a problem that is extremely rare.

Scott K