Re: Policy and procedures issue: init package hijacked via hostile NMU (declined by maintainers)

Hi,

(Not sure debian-devel is the right place for this discussion, but
oh well...)

On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 08:32:07PM +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Sat, 2018-12-22 at 10:11:53 -0800, Josh Triplett wrote:
[...]
> I think the summary mischaracterizes the situation a bit TBH.
[...]
> > - Dmitry refused to cancel the NMU, which then went into the archive.
>
> Dimitry refused to cancel the NMU *himself*.
[...]

He also said the maintainers had to get the CTTE to overrule
his decision if they did not want to accept his NMU.....
(which apart from refusing to listen to very qualified developers with
decades of experience also IMO suggests he has gotten the constitution
completely backwards.)

I have only seen a limited amount of Dmitrys work, but my impression
is that he's not someone who should be trusted with unrestricted
uploading privileges. I think fast-tracking him through NM was
a mistake and would suggest he should take the full tour.

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson