Re: git vs dfsg tarballs

On 2018-12-07 12:48 +0100, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
> On 21.11.18 04:22, Paul Wise wrote:
>
> Actually, since about a decade, I'm not doing any code changes outside
> git, and I'm building packages only directly from git. Frankly, I don't
> see any reason why that can't be the standard case.

Just because you like a tool doesn't mean everyone does. I know I
understand patches and tarballs much better than I understand git, so
I prefer to use the former.

To answer your original question about DFSG differences, the
difference between upstream and the DFSG is normally defined by
'Files-Excluded' in the copyright file and compression/name
transformations in the watch file. It is for my packages, anyway.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/