Re: Sending using my @debian.org in gmail

On 2018-11-30 12:49:02 -0500 (-0500), Alexandre Viau wrote:
[...]
> If we wanted, we could largely limit this with more restrictive
> debian.org DNS records.
[...]

_And_ restrict those with @debian.org addresses to only sending them
through specific MTAs. Received headers indicate your message to
which I'm responding, just for example, was sent through GMail so
the change you're suggesting would preclude your current pattern of
E-mail usage.

SPF (and DKIM and other modern backscatter-limiting "solutions"
cooked up by mass mail hosters) doesn't fix this problem except by
killing much of the flexibility of traditional E-mail in the
process. Throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
--
Jeremy Stanley