Re: Qt with GLES on arm64 maintainer's decision - Was:: Upcoming Qt switch to OpenGL ES on arm64

El domingo, 25 de noviembre de 2018 21:18:39 -03 Paul Wise escribió:
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 8:58 PM Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> > Both Dmitry and I just learned that the RPI has the VC4 driver which
> > enables it to do hardware acceleration for Desktop OpenGL, we must admit
> > that this is a game changer in many ways, even if we are talking on just
> > one board (but quite an ubiquitous one).
>
> I expect this also applies to any driver in (or soon to be in) mesa,
> including freedreno (Qualcomm), panfrost (Mali), lima (Mali), Etnaviv
> (Vivante), Tegra etc. Drivers only supporting GLES seems to be a
> something that happens only with the proprietary drivers. I don't have
> any ARM devices with GPUs to be able to test this though.

Just curious: is there any project alive for the PowerVR SGX530 ?

Yes, they are mostly found on armhf devices, but as far as I know there is
only the proprietary (and crappy) driver.

--
La vida no se mide por la cantidad de veces que respiramos,
sino por la cantidad de momentos que nos quitan la respiración.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/