Re: NEW and RC bugs (Re: julia_1.0.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED)

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 09:16:59PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > > thanks! nice summary.
> > I replied in my other mail to the things I disagreed with (as is
> > traditional) but it occurred to me I ought to send a positive note
> > about this:
> >
> > Thanks for being easy to convince!
>
> :) thanks, appreciate!
>
> > I also commend the phrasing of your original question with `why'.
> > That could be read as rhetorical, but even so it invited a reasoned
> > disagreement.
>
> I absolutly ment it the simple way I wrote it: "why" and I'm glad you
> understood it that way.

I didn't, but I'm glad you did mean it that way (and am going to keep
that in mind for future reference -- if people try to be rhetorical,
I'll pretend they aren't, since that might get the discussion forward,
and would be more constructive than just shutting up)

> I've found that often, short, friendly mails to the
> point are much better than long emails.

Me too! It's partly why I made that suggestion in the Code of Conduct.

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard