Re: usrmerge -- plan B?

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud writes ("Re: usrmerge -- plan B?"):
> Of course you do have backups.  For the sake of the argument, would you
> consider trying an install of usrmerge on a restored backup VM somewhere?

I could do it.  But, frankly, this is quite a lot of work.  I think
the work (throughout the Debian ecosystem) to test this properly far
outweighs the minor benefits.

And if I do test it and find a lot of bugs then am I going to be
expected to report them all in detail ?  That is also a ton of work.
Am I then going to be expected to retest when the bugs are allegedly
fixed ?  I think this is just outsourcing the pain of bad design
choices, frankly.

If we must get to merged-usr on all systems eventually, Adam's
proposed transition plan is much better.

Ian.