Re: julia_1.0.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Quoting Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name>:
On Wed 21 Nov 2018 at 06:19PM GMT, Holger Levsen wrote:
On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 05:57:40PM +0000, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
Before we get there, we should first start autoremoving packages from
unstable, if we consider rc-buggy in unstable to be unacceptable. We
do have quite a bit of things in unstable, that are neither getting
fixed, nor getting removed. And are in this limbo state of "no longer
in testing.... no longer in stable.... no longer in old-stable...
still in unstable".

I'm all for it.

What harm are the packages doing sitting in unstable?  Distributing them
does not have much point, but neither does removing them.

If someone does want to come along and fix the package, having it pass
through NEW again is not a good use of ftpteam time.

Yes. Sometimes a package is RC buggy because of complicated
dependencies for a complete release cycle (and miss a Debian release),
but things eventually get fixed. It's harder to see the exact problems
or to solve them, if the package gets removed from Debian. There is
experimental, and one could just upload there. But that sounds like an
abuse of experimental.