Re: Installer: 32 vs. 64 bit

On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 01:40:59PM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
If his students were doing code archaeology or deep embedded, such areas
require enough base skills that getting spooked by 32 vs 64 bits would be
beyond them.

Everyone starts somewhere, even code archaeologists. At my former School
a Lecturer taught Operating Systems by getting the students to write
kernel modules for MINIX on a VM (networking iirc). I'm sure the
majority of those students would get horribly tied up in 32 vs 64 issues
like this if they experienced them; despite that, they broadly succeeded
in writing the kernel modules and passing the course.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland