Re: Installer: 32 vs. 64 bit

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 10:41:32PM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
Or an user error.  In either case, I don't get what a 32-bit _x86_ virtual
machine would be good for.  Are you teaching some code archeology?  Do you
want to prepare 32-bit images for something deeply embedded?  Neither sounds
an activity fit for your students.

I'm not sure we are necessarily the experts in what is a fit activity
for this teacher's students.

For anything else, you want an amd64 kernel, possibly running i386 or x32
code.

IMHO there are a remarkably small number of situations where x32 would be a
sensible suggestion.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland