Re: salsa.debian.org: merge requests and such

Hi Jacob,

> Ideally we’d change the default notification settings in Salsa
> to always send emails but that won’t work because then all DDs
> would get emails about all the merge requests in the Debian
> group.

I was wondering whether the following setup could work to have
notifications enabled by default but inside the debian group:

1. maintainers get notifications by default for all projects
2. maintainers in debian group do not get notifications by default
3. members in debian group projects should enable notifications
   for their interests one by one

I think this would solve most of the notification issues raised
in this thread for most of the projects. I haven't tried it
myself, but anyone that has a gitlab instance running could check
if it works as I suspect.

Hope this helps,
Alex

--