Re: Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support

Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 09:09:38AM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
>>Thanks for passing that along: I'm using it with Exim and haven't
>>noticed this particular problem, but it's useful to know it could
>>happen.
>
> Ah, because I have User=nobody, and so the systemd sub-process can't
> reap the privileged exim4 sub-process.
This is irrelevant.
Only processes spawned from "--user"  units are safe.
Processes spawned from system units are killed regardless of 'User="
stanza. (I observed this on units with "User=news")
KJ

--
http://stopstopnop.pl/stop_stopnop.pl_o_nas.html
Every creature has within him the wild, uncontrollable urge to punt.