Re: Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 12:38:19PM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:

[cut]

> What you say is obviously wrong, and you should know that if you follow
> devuan.
>
> Even the founder of Devuan regularly uses exactly the words Ansgar
> described.
> Chris Lamb not to long ago was target of those conspiracy theories and
> hate mails (search for redis on their mailing list) if you don't believe me.

The problem that spurred this thread is that sysvinit needs a
maintainer. That's why some of us are here: our intention is to help
with maintaining sysvinit in Debian if possible, since we will keep
maintaining it in Devuan nevertheless. You can still decide you don't
want this kind of help because we stink or you find Devuan "toxic"
(even if this would be against some of the principles we should
instead agree upon). That could be fine, if motivated by a solid
reasoning, and not just by a flame.

In the last four years there has been hatred from both camps (Debian
vs Devuan), and there is no doubt that most of that could/should have
been avoided on both parts. Grepping through email archives and
resurecting posts from 3 or 4 years ago won't help to move on, though.

I am not interested in chit-chat or flames, because those don't get
packages released. The only reason I am here is that sysvinit is
effectively getting kicked off Debian, and I think I can help avoiding
that.

HND

Enzo Nicosia