Re: Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support

Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@debian.org> writes:

> Please no.  I don't think it would help Debian to have toxic people
> maintain packages.

You are using a fairly blunt tool if you judge people based on their
preference of operating system. ;-)

Let's instead judge people by the way they behave.

I admit that I have encountered individuals who were in some sense
supportive of Devuan and were also at least somewhat antagonistic, but
it seems unlikely they will be the ones to get in touch and offer help.

That being the case, I seriously doubt you need to be concerned.

If people with a preference for Devuan wish to work constructively
within Debian, we should welcome them.

Cheers, Phil.