Re: Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support

On Mon, 2018-10-15 at 14:20 +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 06:56:50AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > I believe Andreas Henriksson is right, the packages are going to be
> > removed unless someone with time and interest show up to take care of
> > them.  A good start would be to split initscripts off from the sysvinit
> > binary packages, to let them live separate lives.  It will be sad, but
> > the proper way for Debian to handle unmaintained packages in a sad
> > state.
>
> Is it worth interested parties reaching out to the Devuan project
> regarding person-power for sysvinit maintenance?

Please no.  I don't think it would help Debian to have toxic people
maintain packages.

(As an example, Devuan's infobot has fun facts like this one:
"<+infobot> 'sth is poettering' means it acts invasive, possessive,
destructive, and generally in an egocentric exacerbating negative way.
``this cancer is extremely poettering'' [...]")

Ansgar