Re: Sending using my @debian.org in gmail

On 2018-10-02 8:52 p.m., Joseph Herlant wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Wondering if anybody here succeeded to configure your debian email in
> the "Send mail as" configuration in gmail (for the gmail users). If so
> do you have tips on how you didi it?

I did.

> My main problem seems to be that gmail forces the authentication and
> master.debian.org doesn't allow it. It returns: "Unspecified Error
> (SENT_SECOND_EHLO): Smtp server does not advertise AUTH capability,
> code: 0"

It looks like you are trying to use Debian smtp servers. I just use
smtp.gmail.com.

There is a Gmail trick where you can add one send-as email and provide
smtp.gmail.com credentials.

You might have to create an app password.

I think that this guide does something similar to what I did:
 -
https://blog.alexlenail.me/i-want-to-send-emails-from-my-google-domains-email-through-gmail-992bb3eae4c9

Let me know if this works out for you.

Cheer,