Re: gbp import-orig has defeated me

On Monday, October 1, 2018 10:35:01 PM CDT Shengjing Zhu wrote:

> I think you have configured your git to auto convert the line ending
> when commit.
>
> In the pristine-tar tarball,
> $ file googletest-release-1.8.1/googlemock/msvc/2005/gmock.sln
> googletest-release-1.8.1/googlemock/msvc/2005/gmock.sln: UTF-8 Unicode
> (with BOM) text, with CRLF line terminators
>
> In your master and upstream branch
> $ file googletest-1.8.1/googlemock/msvc/2005/gmock.sln
> googletest-1.8.1/googlemock/msvc/2005/gmock.sln: UTF-8 Unicode (with BOM)
> tex
>
> I import the orig tarball in my env, these files are CRLF in my git tree.
> I'm not sure what git config influences this, but maybe core.eol,
> core.autocrlf, core.safecrlf.
> I'm just using the default values, at least my `git config --list`
> output didn't show anything related.

I think you've pointed in the right direction.  I have started reading through
https://adaptivepatchwork.com/2012/03/01/mind-the-end-of-your-line/
and discovered that I have one non-default: core.autocrlf=input.  According to
the article, this is recommended for linux.  Maybe that's not true; or maybe I
just need to generate a .gitattributes file?  I'll try that tomorrow.

Thanks,
-Steve