Re: gbp import-orig has defeated me

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 10:51 AM Steve Robbins <steve@sumost.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to update the googletest salsa repo [1] with upstream 1.8.1.  So
> I downloaded the tarball and ran "gbp import-orig" on it.  That appeared to
> work, but "gbp buildpackage" fails with
>
>   dpkg-source: error: aborting due to unexpected upstream changes ...
>
> from the diffs, my guess is there is some line ending issue.  I've pushed
> everything to salsa repo.  Hoping someone here can take a look and point me in
> the right direction.

I think you have configured your git to auto convert the line ending
when commit.

In the pristine-tar tarball,
$ file googletest-release-1.8.1/googlemock/msvc/2005/gmock.sln
googletest-release-1.8.1/googlemock/msvc/2005/gmock.sln: UTF-8 Unicode
(with BOM) text, with CRLF line terminators

In your master and upstream branch
$ file googletest-1.8.1/googlemock/msvc/2005/gmock.sln
googletest-1.8.1/googlemock/msvc/2005/gmock.sln: UTF-8 Unicode (with BOM) tex

I import the orig tarball in my env, these files are CRLF in my git tree.
I'm not sure what git config influences this, but maybe core.eol,
core.autocrlf, core.safecrlf.
I'm just using the default values, at least my `git config --list`
output didn't show anything related.

--
Shengjing Zhu