Re: Bumping epoch and reusing package name "elisa"

Aurélien COUDERC writes ("Bumping epoch and reusing package name "elisa""):
> FTP masters rejected the upload of the new elisa 0.2.1-1 as the
> package has a lower version than the former Elisa project and they
> proposed bumping the epoch and reusing the name. It seems reasonable
> to me as it leaves us with 2 elisa-less Debian releases.

I think that that would be reasonable.  But:

You should see Michael Biebl's suggestions for alternative approaches.
I think it is fine if you decide to reject them but you should at
least consider them.

In particular see also Sean's response about not reusing the same
(upstream or Debian) version numbers even if you have an epoch.  That
may make Michael's suggestions more attractive.

Ian.